Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Pharmacy Care Technician (PT) will report to the Pharmacy Team Director within Senior Community Care Stars Clinical Team. The primary responsibility of the PT will be to schedule MTM appointments, use pharmacy claims to determine if member is adherent, contact pharmacies to discuss billing issues. There will be some member outreach for MTM and adherence. The PT will be an integral part of a team of Clinicians of varying disciplines and will be expected to meet or exceed established productivity and quality metrics as well as staying engaged throughout the process, helping the department reach yearly goals together as a team.
Schedule: Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Local Time
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Speak with eligible members over the phone to offer and conduct Medication Adherence Consultation services
- Primarily via cold calling or answering an inbound Auto-Dialer
- Look up Part D claims and determine if member is late to refill, work with market APCs to obtain refill, research claims to determine if refill was obtained. Call pharmacies to resolve billing issues
- Schedule MTM appts for the APCs to complete with pharmacists. Reach out to remind APCs to obtain consent from member for the MTM
- Maintain performance standards including weekly/monthly calls, production metrics and quality assurance
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Active Pharmacy Technician License as required by the state of residence
- 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (such as Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Must have a designated secure and private workspace free of distraction and protecting HIPAA confidentiality of our members
- Must have access to install secure high-speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Advanced Certification(s)
- Experience delivering on business goals with focus on CMS STARs, HEDIS
- Exceptional Punctuality and Timeliness
- Advanced organizational skills & an attention for detail
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.