Building Engineer (Mobile)
Job Description Summary
Operates, inspects, maintains, and repairs all HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and
plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating
results and life expectancy. Position assures that equipment is being maintained in an
energy efficient and safe manner, and down time is reduced to a minimum by
anticipation of necessary repairs, keeping records of past operating experiences.
Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas,
including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Performance of ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work orders on facility
mechanical, electrical, lighting and other installed systems, equipment, and other
* Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical
distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related
grounds as it pertains to assigned buildings.
* Performs major HVAC repairs including: compressor replacement, condenser
replacement, evaporator coil replacement, condensor coil replacement, etc.
* Performs major plumbing replacements including domestic water piping, steam
trap repairs, sewage line repairs, bathroom fixture repairs etc.
* Perform electrical repairs including running and bending conduit piping, pulling
cables, performing electrical panel maintenance, electric motor maintenance and
predictive maintenance using a megar on said motors and compressors.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found
conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
2 | Page
* Respond effectively to all emergencies. May require light travel during emergency
* Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the
performance of assigned work,and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
* Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods
required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include
building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work
areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them or
use the correct PPE in performing the task needed.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Must be willing and able to support after-hours building related activity as required.
* Participate in Safety and Technical training programs.
* Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Mobile Engineer
Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license, Universal CFC
recovery certification, and any other state or local requirements to handle refrigeration,
have a minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building
engineering with a strong background in technical aspects of HVAC equipment and
systems, plumbing, electrical, equipment repair and maintenance, and overall system
design and application as referenced above.
Candidate will be given a pCard that will require all receipts and reconciliation to be
completed on all purchase on a monthly basis.
Candidate will be given a company vehicle. Engineer will be responsible to ensure all
maintenance is kept current, utilizing C&W vendor, Element. Will also be responsible
to ensure current registration, insurance, inspections are all current. All expenses will
be put through C&W vendor, Element or Workday Expense Reimbursement.
Physical Demands/Environmental Work Conditions:
* The employee is regularly required to travel between buildings in varying outdoor
* Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment
(pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* The employee may also be regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of
time and drive for up to 4-5 hours in a day
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending
forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material,
drawings, and schematics
* Perform work wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if required
* In order to ensure the safety of the employee, it is required the employee must
be fully recovered from all previous injuries before returning to work.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $14.13 - $37.69Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.