Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Content Strategy and Partnerships team is responsible for connecting consumers with the content and experiences they love on the Nation’s Best Network. The team oversees partnerships, sources opportunities and negotiates with a broad range of content and programming entities, including major broadcast and cable companies, sports leagues, emerging O&O platforms, OTT/digital providers, studios, AR/VR producers, retailers, gaming developers, and live entertainment venues and production companies. Content serves as a key driver in consumer decision making, and the role content plays for our current and future customers is increasingly critical. As the largest direct-to-consumer platform in the U.S., Verizon has a massive opportunity to herald in the next consumer use cases for video, audio, immersive and live experiences. This role sits at the center of that opportunity.
The Content Acquisition, Programming and Business Development executive will oversee Verizon’s Fios content activities, including programming, acquisitions, development, and strategic partnerships. S/he will be part of a team responsible for managing all aspects of the linear programming deals and initiatives with a partnerships focus on Premiums, Cablenets, RSN’s, Sports Leagues, vMVPSs, and Multiculturals. This executive will manage a deal team responsible for negotiating and securing content rights, and impact our current business by optimizing our existing deal pipeline, executing strategy around the massive consumer shift to OTT video and services.
Additional responsibilities include:
Develop and implement a linear acquisition and OTT strategy and new deal flow that allows Verizon to reach more customers.
Function as a senior leader within a best-in-class deal organization; through sound evaluation, analytics, rights comparison and contracts.
Develop and maintain relationships with content partners and the industry at large, representing the company that garners Verizon’s reputation as an industry leader.
Foster a culture of high performance by building capabilities and managing the careers and development of a talented group of direct reports to ensure all team members fulfill their potential.
Lead negotiations to secure content licensing agreements with the necessary rights to support Verizon’s current and future businesses.
Manage relationships and negotiations with Verizon’s key content providers.
Partner cross-functionally with other content platform teams to ensure the maximization of assets, top tier content flow and consumer/revenue growth.
Maximize Verizon’s content spend.
What we’re looking for...
What You Need to Have
· 7-10 years of experience in programming and acquisition from best-in-class cable provider. At least three years’ experience leading linear programming strategies and teams.
· Translated market knowledge and strategy into compelling stories presented to senior executives.
· Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with a strong personality and ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
· Proven leadership and excellent communication skills.
· Exceptional coaching and management skills to hire and drive high-performance team. Understands that the supporting team members are key to success.
· Experience in cross-functional collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders
· A track record of success in partner management, business development, and deal negotiation.
· Strong people management and organization skills
· Understand market dynamics, customer trends and the competitive cross-platform media and entertainment landscape.
· Anticipate risks and drive risk management with a cross-functional team.
· Strong self-initiative and persistence, ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and drive clarity in key areas.
Even Better If You Have
· Digital experience and an understanding of trends and key business drivers
· Master’s or other advanced degree – MBA preferred.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.