Located against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and home to Colorado State University (CSU), the City of Fort Collins offers a diverse culture, educated and engaged citizens, outdoor recreation, bicycles, breweries, historic charm, and a thriving economy. Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
The City’s long list of acknowledgements includes:
Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation Award: Alliance for Innovation-April 2018
No 14 Best Place to Live: Livability.com-March 2018
- Life insurance, short-term and long term disability
- Wellness program, workout facilities
- Employee/family Onsite Health Clinic
- Personal & professional learning opportunities including supervisory and leadership development; plus career mobility
- Collaborative work environment
SUMMARY: Applications Accepted Through Jan 22, 2021
Work related to preparing internal and external communications to the organization, press, and the wider community within or in partnership with the Communications and Public Involvement Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Develops and implements public relations and strategic marketing plans, policies and procedures. • Directs press relations including serving as a spokesperson, contacting media to propose stories and feature articles, and crafting press releases. • Works with engineers, subject matter experts (“SMEs”) and other professionals to develop strategic communication plans and foster positive working relationships within the department/division, with other City departments, and stakeholders. • Advises and assists department staff with respect to information dissemination, marketing plans, media relations, advertising, web page and social media development and maintenance. • Advises management on media relations, community relations projects and activities. • May help coordinate departmental involvement in various types of public or virtual events. • Develops and implements public relations and strategic marketing plans, policies and procedures. • Directs press relations including serving as a spokesperson, contacting media to propose stories and feature articles, and crafting press releases. • Works with engineers, subject matter experts (“SMEs”) and other professionals to develop strategic communication plans and foster positive working relationships within the department/division, with other City departments, and stakeholders. • Advises and assists department staff with respect to information dissemination, marketing plans, media relations, advertising, web page and social media development and maintenance. • Advises management on media relations, community relations projects and activities. • May help coordinate departmental involvement in various types of public or virtual events. • May contribute to decisions concerning outsourcing of projects, and coordinate production with external vendors, including copy shops, printers, mail houses, media, graphic design and independent contractors. • Coordinates with others and may produce a wide variety of projects including posters, fliers, web and social media applications and maintenance, brochures, newsletters, speaking points, invitations, calendars, ads, presentations, press releases, feature stories, etc., using electronic software or traditional methods. • May coordinate and assists with production of cable television broadcasts, videos, and ads. • Develops advertising/promotional campaigns and negotiates contracts for print, radio, digital, broadband and television broadcast media. • Coordinates with others to develop and update video, cable, web, social media and photography projects. • Coordinates quality control procedures for producing high quality publicity materials that will be distributed to the public. • Collaboration to ensure that all Title VI (specifically translations) and ADA requirements are met as they relate to service area issues and projects. • Backup PIO assistance/functions as needed by service area or other City departments. • Manages marketing budgets, submit reports to management and SME partners with specific information upon request, and maintains electronic internal files. • Assists with writing grants, strategic marketing plans, and other proposals as applicable. • Assists with coordination of community event booths as well as speaking engagements for departments and City officials for community groups seeking information.
All Other Duties as Assigned/ADA/Reasonable Accommodation This job description is a living document and may not be all-inclusive. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned. Employees must be able to perform the essential duties of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation. This position requires regular attendance at the workplace.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities • Demonstrated cultural competence to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people of diverse identities, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds. • Strong learning orientation. Leverages all resources and is creative in ways of learning for self to continue adapting to changing issues and trends. • A desire and ability to understand the diverse needs of internal and external customers, and to create experiences and deliver services that exceed their expectations. • A desire and ability to utilize digital tools and applications for organizational information, individual, and teamwork, and train others as needed. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including expertise with AP writing style and editing. • Ability to interact effectively with City staff, vendors and the general public.
• Typing, word processing and layout skills, including specific proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software. • Ability to work independently on various projects, as well participate as an engaged and supportive team player. • Proficient in development and maintenance of web pages, including some technical knowledge of backend processes. • Ability to conceptualize and analyze solutions for public information assignments. • Ability to research, write, and edit technical and general information to develop a final product that is easily understood by general and specific customer groups. • Knowledge of and experience working as lead or backup PIO manager in collaboration with internal and external organizations. • Ability to make effective written and oral presentations to staff, City management and the public. • Ability to handle multiple work assignments and meet strict deadlines. • Ability to develop and manage a variety of project budgets and contribute to department budget analyses and reviews.
Internal Number: REQUISITION #: req2550
BACK TO TOP
CTAM Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CTAM has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CTAM Career Center.